Now that I've completed the C25K running program, I am looking to run further as well as increase my pace a little. "Bridge to 10 k" (B210k for short) appears to be the acronym to use, but the various implementations I've come across are too complicated for my little mind. I don't currently have an iPod or smartphone so I really don't want to be starting and stopping anymore. I just want to run for X minutes or kilometers and be done with it. This may not be the ideal methodology to follow, but it will do for me.---
Update (28th October 2011): I actually managed 6k in 40 minutes in my second run of Week 1 so I've decided to up the distance in Week 2 to 7k.
So here's my personal 6 week B210K program:
- Week 1. 3 runs of 40 minutes. Distance not important, but you should be covering at least 5k really.
- Week 2. 3 runs of
6k7k. Final run in 40 minutes.
- Week 3. 3 runs of 50 minutes. Distance not important, but you should be covering at least
- Week 4. 3 runs of 8k. Final run in 50 minutes. This will be quite a step up, but anyway.
- Week 5. 3 runs of 60 minutes. Distance not important, but you should be covering at least 8k really.
- Week 6. 3 runs of 10k. Final run in 60 minutes. Again, this will be quite a step up, but give it a go anyway.
It's quite possible weeks 4 and 6 are pushing it a little, but I'll see how I get on.